Position: The Green Science Policy Institute (GSP) would like to hire a part time/full time Development Associate to organize fundraising, donor relations, and events for GSP.
The Associate manages projects and activities of the organization including scientific research, writing, and project management work; drafts materials for publication and distribution; and helps maintain relationships with partner organizations.
Duration 2 years or more
Work Location: Berkeley, California
Compensation: Dependent on experience
Overview of the Green Science Policy Institute:
The Green Science Policy Institute provides unbiased scientific data to government, industry and non-governmental organizations to reduce the use of toxic chemicals in consumer products. GSP advocates for science-based chemical policy and works globally to protect health and environment, while promoting green chemistry and a safer approach to chemical use.
• Maintain donor information in GSP contact database
• Maintain foundation and individual donor spreadsheets
• Conduct preliminary research on prospective foundation and individual donors
• Work with executive director to schedule and follow up individual donor and foundation meetings and solicitations
• Coordinate productions and mailing of year-end appeal letter
• Update GSP organizational budget spreadsheet for use in funding proposals
• Manage familiarization and donor events
• Assemble media and donor kits for events and meetings
Position Expectations and Qualifications:
• Bachelor's Degree in science preferred
• Experience in an administrative position, preferably in a not-for-profit development office
• Experience with individual donor and foundation fundraising
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Access
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Demonstrated planning and organization skills
• Ability to work independently with little supervision
Compensation and Hours:
The position will be 15 - 20 hours/week to be worked both remotely and in the GSP Berkeley Hills office. (Our office is not convenient to BART.)
Scheduling of hours is flexible and will include some evenings and weekends.Compensation will be based on experience.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org , with "Development Associate Application" in the subject line. Please send your resume, writing sample, transcript (if available) and cover letter explaining your situation, career objectives, and interest in the position.
- GSP Blog
- Educate Yourself
- In the News
- About Us